Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Fat acceptance my ass...

So today I stumbled upon this news story...



Now as one who has been heavier, and is still on the path to a goal weight of 180 (just a little bit more to lose!), I must say I am appalled. This is so unhealthy,

I don't care that she is happy, or that she likes her weight. She proudly shows off her curves(?) on a website I will discuss in another blog post shortly, http://www.supersizedbombshells.com/ *NSFW* I am not here to bash fat people, hell I am one but to have such purposful disregard for your health is worthy of shaming. She says in the video she wants fat acceptance. Sure the world can get larger for our asses, but this isn't about size it is about health...what she is doing is unhealthy. I know this is unhealthy, because despite what she says...
"I'm very healthy. I go to the doctor every three months," she said.

she is not because she
“...suffers from Type 2 diabetes and struggles with basic tasks such as cooking and taking a shower.”

More importantly though, what is this doing to her kids, it has to warp them or force them into an equally unhealthy obsession with health.
She goes on to claim
“...after a friend died following complications from gastric bypass surgery, she decided to quit the dieting and the weight pills and eat what she wanted.”

I agree, pills and surgery are not in any way the answer, but neither is shoveling down McDonald's. There is something flawed in the logic there. If my friend died in a “weight loss surgery”, it would in NO way inspire me to eat more.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, no one could be completely happy when they can't do every day tasks without struggling. People like that have just lied to others and themselves long enough that they are almost starting to believe their own crap.

    ReplyDelete