Thursday, January 13, 2011

A step back? Oh and Nifty Podcasts...

So if you have been following me on twitter, all 6 of you, you know I hurt my knee. Now I would love to tell you that I was on my 30th mile running up hill and twisted swerving to miss a muskrat but...I did by standing. Seriously I was standing there talking to a co-worker, started to walk straight and my knee was just pain.

The good news is that the swelling has gone down and the discomfort is almost gone as well. In fact I was able to sit cross legged for 5 whole minutes!

So in my infinite wisdom, I decided that I would keep my mind active by trying a few new (or new to me) podcasts.

Geeks in Running Shoes was the first one I tried. It was great. I am no runner (yet) but I thoroughly liked the episodes I listened to.

The Beyond Diet Podcast was another one. It was very informative. I think it was nice to here people talk about goal forming and effective ways to keep them.

Two Fit Chicks and a Microphone is the last one but not new to me. I just don't think I have mentioned it before. I like their topics and they are not too serious or dry. They feel like real people, and since I have a hard time relating to non geek women it is nice.

But before you go thinking I am all sweet, there is one I have listened to and did not like.

Ask Leigh I did not care for at all. It may have been just the few I checked out but I kinda thought she was a bit harsh. It is true that sometimes must be firm with advice but she seemed rude to me. Of course it could just be my distaste for single person podcasts.

No comments:

Post a Comment