Monday, March 21, 2011

Relay for Life

I am sure, if you follow me on twitter, you have seen my posts about raising money for Rely for Life. It also occurs to me that some people don’t know what this is and more importantly why I am trying to raise money.

Relay for Life is an American Cancer Society event where teams form to raise money and walk through out the night because cancer never sleeps. One member of the team must be on the track at all times.

I am walking for a few reasons, mainly my Aunt passed away when I was in the second grade. I went with my family nearly every weekend to visit her. We drove from Odessa Tx to Ardmore Ok for several years. I watched one of the sweetest, kindest people I have had the pleasure of knowing fight against this thing that ate away at her. In the end she succumbed and we lost her.

Cancer is brutal and the American Cancer Society helps people dealing with it by offering rides to and from treatment, wigs custom made and linking up families with other families dealing with he same issues so they don’t have to feel so alone. They also use the money to help prevent cancer and help fund the search for the cure.

If you care to donate you can donate to 2 places. You can donate in your loved ones names as well or even get a Luminaria in there honor; they are gone but no forgotten.

http://main.acsevents.org/goto/AllwrightMoving This is just a donation to my team and we all get credit for it

http://main.acsevents.org/goto/KateWolsey This is my personal donation page.

No comments:

Post a Comment