Friday, April 22, 2011

A Patch for Weight loss!!

So many of you may have seen my tweet earlier this week about the crazy new patch for weight loss that a Long Beach doctor is selling lovingly called “The Miracle Patch”. Now I can’t say that I found this article, I heard about it on Fat 2 Fit. I really thought it was a joke and after reading the news article, I still thought it was a joke. So let me break it down for you.

It goes like this; this doctor wants to sew a mesh patch on to your tongue. The theory is that it makes it so uncomfortable to chew you stop eating. I am going to say that again, it makes it uncomfortable to EAT. Don’t let that worry you he is going to give you a month’s supply a liquid diet, so that is nice. So for a mere $1500 (plus $500 for liquid “food”) you too can have mesh sewn to your tongue. It’s like a when crazy diets attack very special episode.

In his videos and on his page he makes it sound like not eating and rapidly dropping weight is a good thing. Now a good doctor knows that an all liquid diet is not the preferred way to get nutrition. A good doctor would also be terrified to have a patient losing 25+ pounds in a week especially on an all liquid diet. I will be fair he is not a regular doctor; he is a cosmetic doctor who makes his money on surgically perfecting bodies of the insecure.

But don’t take my word for it, check out his site.

No comments:

Post a Comment