Thursday, April 14, 2011

Today I ran...sorta

Yesterday my co-worker asked me to go running with her. Now she was in track in high school and I don't run. I was apprehensive, no I felt intimidated and self conscious. Honesty being the best policy and all I told her that I was not a runner but I wanted to be. Yesterday didn't work out, I bailed. I admit it I let my fear take hold and pussed out.

Today, despite my fear I manned up and ran like a retarded grandma. Truly she is a good coach, not judgmental and just pushy enough to make me actually work. I enjoyed it and I felt accomplished. I need a better play list and I hope she is willing to work with me. I might be sore tomorrow but I am sure it will be worth it. I need to stretch, before and after.

I feel like I took a big step today. I am proud of myself.

What did you do today/this week that made you proud?

No comments:

Post a Comment