Monday, May 23, 2011

A Pledge (again)

I, Kate the Shrinking Geek, promise that I will “go back to the bar”. I will return to the basics, logging my water intake and exercise. I will take every necessary action to go to the gym. When I have lunch I will go to the gym. I am asking, hoping, and using my friends, fellow bloggers and tweeps to keep my mind in a positive head space. I promise to try and not let my work beat me into a depressive lump. I am worth the effort. I can not control what they do just my reaction to it.

I will eat they way I am supposed to eat, not only the calories but the types of food I should. I will eat when I should not just when I am hungry. Food is not the enemy, it is my life long friend and I need to respect it. I will continue to look down not secretly lust on stupid unhealthy eating habits and diet fads, even if I want to lose 20 lbs in a week.

I also pledge to support those of my friends Kicking Their Asses in all their ups and downs. I will also support my real life friends. Those friends that are struggling to start a healthy life and those friends who shame me by being so dedicated both will get more of my attention.

What do you need in your pledge?

3 comments:

  1. Welcome back. I will watch you. Will you watch me...? I am getting into the swing of things also.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've got this. I think I run into a lot of the same problems that you do - I get myself in a negative headspace when I have unrealistic expectations and then don't meet them.

    In my pledge, I need most specifically to stay positive. I so easily get down and depressed which de-rails all of my progress!

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The part that hit me the most? "I am worth the effort"

    Yes, you are. Yes, I am. Yes, we all are! Here's to us!

    ReplyDelete