Monday, June 27, 2011

Busting work stress

So it has been a running albeit unintentional sub theme to my blog that I am stressed at work. I wanted to figure out a quick and easy way to burn some calories and stress through out the entirety of the day. So I was thinking, what body weight exercises that build muscle, that I not only like but can do in my cube. So maybe I do 1 min challenges through out the day, and then I can tweet the number I do right after and keep a spread sheet of my progress online. I might make it public and it may become #workitatwork or #minutetoloseit. It is not meant to replace my regular workouts but augment them, I always need more muscle building.

The list goes like the following. If you have any suggestions let me know.

Monday
Chair Squats (30 today)
Toe Raises (43 Toe Raises)
Plie squats
Rear leg lifts
“No Chair” Chair (hold as long as able working to a min)


Tuesday
“Desk Dips”
Wall Push Ups
Plank (hold as long as able working to a min)
Ab Twists

Wednesday
Dance 5 times for 1 min

Thursday
Chair Squats
Toe Raises
Plie squats
Rear leg lifts
“No Chair” Chair(hold as long as able working to a min)


Friday
“Desk Dips”
Wall Push Ups
Plank (hold as long as able working to a min)
Ab Twists

2 comments:

  1. This sounds great! exhuasting, but i like it. Cate

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this style of workouts. I always like to add a trigger to this stuff too. Like, every time I write code that fails a regression test, do a quick circuit of one of these. Switches up the day, and refocuses the mind.

    I also like the twitter tag #workitatwork.

    As for the Wednesday dance, are planning on the Charleston or the Kid N' Play?

    ReplyDelete