Monday, July 25, 2011

Finding Inspiration

I suck. Lately I have passively let my weight slip off due to a controlled diet. I have walked a little but mostly I do my work it at work strength work out. Even when I get a lunch, I don’t want to work out. I am a bad fitness blogger. It is far too easy for me to rest on my laurels and not work out as long as I am not gaining. One might think that maintenance has been achieved, but I am not at my maintenance weight. I am being just lazy enough, not so lazy I go back to being a fat ass but not so good that I am not being proactive.

I need to find the inspiration inside myself. There has to be a switch I can flip internally that allows me to open the wall of passive aggressive treatment of myself. All the usual stuff doesn’t work, I know I deserve it, I know that my sweetie wants me to be more active, I know that the people who support this blog and support me on twitter want to see me succeed, so why can I not just do it.

I firmly believe that the answer exists; that the one thing I should focus on, that will help me do what I have to do is out there. Maybe just doing it today will break this door down for me.

What do other people do to get inspired again?

1 comment:

  1. I always look at pics to see where I came from... to remind myself of the long way I've come. It has been a long journey, and I don't want to give up before I reach my goal!

    ReplyDelete