Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Nutrition

I wish I had access or money to sit with a nutritionist. I need to reevaluate how I eat. I am off the charts horrible. I am not eating all day then eating a fat laden meal and treats. I know better but I am not doing it. I am and have always been on the lazy side and if there is no food around me, I just do not eat. It is not a matter of me eating way too many calories but rather I am only eating bad calories. Sometimes I feel like it is hopeless.

I ran to the Walgreens at lunch and bought energy giving foods that are not over processed. Granola, dried fruit, cereal, oatmeal, and such things I consider office necessities. Here are the things I generally think are office needs.

Granola
Trail Mix
Nuts
Nutrition Bars
Cereal
Meal Replacements (only if you have no other choice)
Jerky
Fruit (fresh if you can but unsweetened dried or the cans)
V-8

Most of those things should be bought in bulk or at a store that is not a gas station. You simply pay too much for small quantities at gas stations. I am lazy enough to know I should keep food in my desk and my big lack of energy (although my friends might call BS on that) is because I am not eating enough of the right foods.

Note: At Walgreens I spent $22.00 on 8 pack of V-8 V Fusion (on sale for 5 bucks), Nut and Fruit trail mix (28 oz), sunflower seeds (11 oz), Craisins (10 oz), Mixed Fruit (13 oz), and the little boxes of raisins. It’s a decent selection that I don’t have to rely on but I will have food to eat and keep my energy up where it should be!

2 comments:

  1. I think it is better to be prepared than be left hungry and /or eating mega-crap.

    ReplyDelete
  2. By the way... I nominated your blog for an award. http://bigbutttheory.blogspot.com/2011/10/versatile-blogger-award.html

    ReplyDelete