Wednesday, December 7, 2011

My top 10 Christmas Carols

They all seem to have a few things in common. Most of them are fairly secular in nature, they are mostly upbeat the obvious exception being number 3 on my list, and most were covered by the Glee cast at some point.



1. Baby, It’s cold outside (Most Versions, bonus points if they use the cigarette line)


2. Christmas Wrapping by The Waitresses


3. Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas (Most Versions)


4. White Wine in the Sun By Tim Minchin


5. Santa Baby (Most Versions)


6. Christmas by Blues Traveler


7. Wish by 89 Mojo (no video)

Christmas-time is gonna come – they decorated the mall
All this time we’ve been numb – now it’s starting to thaw
I love to hear “Silent Night” while watching it snow
As we try to find in our hearts what the young children know

I wish you peace – I wish you love
I wish all all of the joy and all of the hope that Christmas is made of
I wish you warmth – I wish you good friends
I wish the spirit of the season would never end

We all come together to celebrate Jesus’ birth
But the rest of the year we’re disgracing His earth
It’s not how much you spend, but how you live
To simply love one another is the best gift we can give

I wish you peace – I wish you love
I wish all all of the joy, all of the hope and all of the magic Christmas is made of
I wish you warmth – I wish you good friends
I wish the spirit of the season would never end

Once upon time anyone could find good hope and good cheer, anytime of the year
For a few special days we break down walls we’ve made
Singing those sweet songs – why can’t it go on, and on

I wish you peace – I wish you love
I wish all all of the joy and all of the hope Christmas is made of
I wish you warmth – I wish you good friends
I wish the spirit of the season would never end
I wish the spirit of the season
- the spirit of the season
- the spirit of the season would never end



8. Let it Snow! Let it Snow! Let it Snow! (Most Versions)


9. Oi to the World by No Doubt


10. We Need a Little Christmas (Most Versions)




Honorable Mentions: Sleigh Ride, Carol of the Bells, Merry Christmas Darling, All I Want For Christmas, Winter Wonderland, Feliz Navidad, Last Christmas

1 comment:

  1. Elizabeth SchnaareDecember 8, 2011 at 2:38 AM

    If this was FB I would 'like.'

    ReplyDelete