Monday, January 20, 2014

Another Year Has Begun!

Happy 2014 everyone!  I am happy to be back here, all revved up and ready to take on the new year.  I have a membership to a new gym, close-ish to my job so that at the very least I can get a good solid 30 minutes of cardio in a day.  I am slowly conquering my fear of the treadmill, I have been able to do the entire 30 minutes on one with out  panic attack!  Look at me, I can use simple machines!  It still doesn't hit the same spot as the elliptical does but I think that I it will never translate as efficiently to the road as the treadmill.

On that note I guess it is time for a confession, I have agreed to run a half marathon in November.  I think I can finish that if I try and be diligent but really I am still struggling with my treadmill issues.  I have been going to the gym pretty everyday that I can.

I am forming a happy co-dependence on my FitBit, I went out and bought the Force and “sold” my old one to a friend.  I know that buying the Force so soon after the other one is a bit crazy bit I live in a 3 story walk up and I want to know how many flights I do during a day, I also like having a thing on my wrist that actually tells me time...lol. It syncs with MyFitnessPal, which means I do not have to change how I track my food.

On the topic of food, I am not sure if I have talked about it before but Karl and I have gone vegetarian throughout the week.  It is not an ethical thing, we have no real qualms with eating meat.  We cut it out through the week because it costs us less, and forced us to be much more creative with our meal choices.  We have moved away from feeling like every meal has to have meat and replaced them with quiches, quinoa, and veggie stir frys.  We do not shun cheese, milk or eggs.  This is Wisconsin and I am sure they would kill us or run us out of the state if we gave up cheese.

Well that is all I have for now, if you wanna chat you can always email me at theshrinkinggeek@gmail.com, tweet me @shrinking_geek, find me on fitbit by clicking the link http://www.fitbit.com/user/283253 or you can simply comment below.

Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment