Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Another Day, More Work Drama

Is the universe trying to tell me something?  Dan Savage often says that if the same things keep happening in your relationships, you are the problem but I really don’t think I am the issue this time.  Here is what is going on, first I have co-workers who have either one foot or in some cases two feet out the door and second of all I feel like I am never doing the right thing.  I feel less like I have a job role and more like I am an overpaid intern.  It pisses me off that I really am starting to feel micromanaged by someone who loses their keys on a daily basis.  If I were brand new I could understand some one standing over me watching everything I do and telling me which emails or calls I should answer, but I have been here over a year AND this is not my first time doing the admin work for camp.  Since no one is happy in my office it feels oppressive and if everyone is leaving should I waited it out or try and find yet another job?  I really don’t think that in this case I am the problem, I also don’t think I was the problem at the moving company when the owner cheated on his wife and I don’t think I was the problem when the Pacific Sands told me one week that they were going to hire me (from a year of temping) and then the next week let me go.  Or maybe all of that was my fault.

In more important news I have lost a total of 7 pounds in the last 2 weeks.  I have been hitting the gym regularly and I am eating under my calories every day.  My clothes feel better and I have more energy.  I have also found that all the regular exercise is making me sleep better.  Who could have known that I would feel better if I got healthier?  I am all sorts of excited and ready to take on the world.  We are half way through our 30 day challenges and I am trying to figure out what our next ones should be, any thoughts?

In geeky news, we are all set to go to GenCon this year!  I am ready to go back to the best 4 days in gaming!  We will have our usual crew with us plus the addition of a new person and for a first time we will have another girl in our room, as much as any of us are really girls that week.  Unless our boobs are D20’s no one will notice us.   Well I suppose we could go in some insane cosplay but I am not that much for cosplay that is not really comfortable.  So no heels, or skirts…I guess I could be Lara Croft or as the internet would know me as, Fat Lara Croft.  That being said, I might make a mean Daria at GenCon.

No comments:

Post a Comment